12.27.2012

In the lull

The week between Christmas and New Year's always feels like limbo...still kinda celebrating...but the frenzy is over...school is closed...but the daily routine is off...and it seems like everything is waiting until the calendar turns the page before anything substantial can begin...

Its the perfect time to take vacation...which explains why I am working non-stop since everyone else I work with did take vacation!  But there have been plenty of slower moments at home...I've cleaned up my office...but the real task of cleaning up the studio will happen after the first of the year...when all the world seems to be re/organizing (I swear January is the unofficial get yourself organized month)

I've had a chance to enjoy a couple of my christmas presents...a bottle of good french wine and the newest Where Women Create magazine....Where Women Create-Business...






































I'm also taking it easy with dinner prep...nothing too involved...this salad has been making a couple of appearances since its so simple...arugula, red grapes, thin sliced red onion, blue cheese, balsamic vinaigrette...sliced pears with gorgonzola cheese works well too...



















With 2013 looming, I've been thinking about my word for the year...my word for 2012 was begin...and it was interesting how that word guided me throughout the year...do you pick a word for the year...
have you chosen one yet?

and if you're interested...the bonus giveaway is on until Dec 31...all the details here...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails